Here’s the email that just went out to registered attendees. If you didn’t get it, or for those who haven’t registered yet, here’s everything you need to know.
By this time next Saturday morning Open Seattle will be underway. The organizing team wanted to pass along several updates to you, we’re hoping this email is a one-stop shop for you as you prepare.
- Doors open at 8:00 AM, we start at 9:00 AM – We recommend being on campus by about 8:30 AM so you’ll have plenty of time to get parked, checked in, etc.
- You don’t need your ticket to check in – When you registered you got an email PDF of a ticket, that’s really just your receipt, we won’t need it. Just come to the registration table in the lobby of Upper Gwinn and we’ll get you checked in. (badge, t-shirt, stuff like that)
- Campus location & parking – Follow this link for a map for both
- Wireless internet & electrical outlets – Yes to both. Please feel free to bring your laptop or tablet to take notes. We’ll give you instructions for accessing the wireless on campus when you arrive. There are plugs in the meeting rooms.
- Lunch – Lunch is not provided. Here’s a link to on campus and off campus lunch options. Also, feel free to bring your own lunch! We’re giving you 90 minutes for lunch… so meet someone new.
- Print the schedule – Several of you have asked for a printable version of our schedule. Here’s the link for that.
- Notes, slides, recordings – We are planning to record everything. (Video or audio) Speaker notes/presentations will be posted atOpenYM.org pretty quickly, expect the videos to appear in the weeks after Open Seattle. (The idea is that all talks from all of the Open’s everywhere will be shared at OpenYM.org)
- Tickets are still available! – The deadline to register for $25 is Monday. After that it’ll be $35 and late registrations won’t be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Consider sponsorship – We had several hundred dollars in unbudgeted expenses pop up this week. If your church or organization would consider becoming a sponsor ($100 or more) that would help us a ton. (Here’s our budget)
- Thank a sponsor, partner, and host – We can’t say this enough, we’ve got great partners for this event… it simply couldn’t have happened if all of us hadn’t collaborated together. So check out our sponsor page and hug ’em on Saturday. Great people and great organizations are behind Open.
- Join the Facebook event – There are several folks looking for rides, wanting to meetup, and stuff like that. Join the Facebook eventto keep up with all of that stuff.
- All of this information is also on the website – We’ve tried to summarize what you need to know in this email. Pretty much, everything you see here is also at seattle.openym.org in a more detailed format.
If you have any questions not covered… please let us know! ([email protected]) We can’t wait to see you next weekend.
Adam, Mike, Jeff & Jonas – Open Seattle Organizers